Although most of us know the importance of having both carbon monoxide detectors and smoke detectors, you might be surprised by how many homes lack one or the other…or both!
Carbon monoxide is a colourless, odourless and tasteless gas. Although it is preventable from causing serious injury and even death, hundreds of people experience carbon monoxide poisoning every year.
Smoke, on the other hand, is visible and has an odour. Smoke inhalation is one of the major causes of personal injury or death in a fire.
So why doesn’t every house have them?
Well, it could be a matter of cost. Or it could be something as simple as not being top of mind.
We recommend to install, when possible, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors near bedrooms and on every level of your home.
There are two types of carbon monoxide and smoke detectors:
Obviously, one of the major benefits of having your smoke or carbon monoxide detector running off electricity is that you never have to worry about changing dead batteries.
A lot of injuries and deaths occur simply from homeowners not changing the batteries.